BIOZOL Data Privacy Notice
Protecting the privacy of your personal data is important to BIOZOL Diagnostica Vertrieb GmbH, Obere Hauptstrasse 10b, 85386 Eching, Germany (“BIOZOL”). Therefore, BIOZOL collects and processes personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law. This Data Privacy Notice shall provide you with information on the personal data BIOZOL collects and processes, the purposes of the collection and processing and your rights related thereto.
1. Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing and legal basis
When visiting BIOZOL’s website or in the context of your business relationship with BIOZOL, we may process the following personal data about you:
- Contact information, such as full name, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address;
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information;
- Further information voluntarily provided by you (e.g., when registering on our website or contacting us with your inquiries ) or necessarily processed in the contractual relationship with BIOZOL; and
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP-address, device type, browser type, referring site, sites accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing the website’s services and functions;
- Communicating with (prospect) customers about products of BIOZOL, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests or providing you with information about our products;
- Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship with customers; e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services or processing payments;
- Administrating and performing customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- Ensuring compliance with (i) legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations) and (ii) business partner compliance screening obligations (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes).
The legal basis for BIOZOL processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- BIOZOL exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation);
- Compliance with BIOZOL’s legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation); and/or
- Legitimate interests pursued by BIOZOL (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation). Generally the legitimate interest pursued by BIOZOL in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient performance or management of your use of the BIOZOL website and our business relationship with you.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for BIOZOL processing that data about you may (in addition or instead) be that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
2. Processing of personal data to provide customers with further information on BIOZOL products
It is important to BIOZOL to provide its customers with updates and news on BIOZOL’s product portfolio. For this purpose, we use our customers’ email addresses to provide information on BIOZOL products similar to those ordered in the past.
The legal basis for BIOZOL processing personal data to provide customers with further information on BIOZOL products is Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation and § 15 (3) German Unfair Competition Act.
If you do not wish to receive such information from BIOZOL, you may object at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we make use of Google Analytics, a web analysis service, which collects information on your interaction with the website in usage profiles for the purpose of analyzing your use of the website and allowing us to tailor the website to better match your interests. Usage profiles are created on pseudonymized basis only, i.e. BIOZOL does not link a usage profile to an individual user.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is § 15 (3) German Telemedia Act and Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation.
You have the right to object to the creation of usage profiles with future effect by clicking here. By doing so, you will create a so-called exclusion cookie in your browser. It contains no personal data, but technically enables us to recognize your opt-out for the current and future visits of our website.
5. Analysis tools / Tracking tools
The tracking measures that we use and that are listed below are performed based on Article 6, paragraph 1, section 1, point f of the GDPR. The purpose of the tracking measures used, is to achieve a demand oriented design for our website and to optimise it continuously. Furthermore, we are using tracking measures for the purpose of gathering statistical data about the use of our website for purposes of analysis, in order to optimise our services for you. These interests are considered legitimate in the sense of the regulation mentioned above.
1. Google Analytics
For the purpose of achieving a demand oriented design for our website and to optimise it continuously, we are using Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; subsequently referred to as “Google”). Pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see item 3) are used in this context. The information generated by the cookie about the use of the website, such as
- browser type / version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the website visited before),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request,
is transmitted to and saved on a server operated by Google in the USA. The information is used for analysing the use of the website, for compiling reports about website activity, as well as for further services relating to website and internet use, for market research services and a demand oriented design of these pages. Furthermore, this information may be transmitted to third parties, if this is legally required or if third parties have been commissioned to process the data. Your IP address will not be combined with any other data collected by Google, under any circumstances. IP addresses are anonymised, so they cannot be matched (IP masking).
You can set up your browser software to prevent that cookies are installed. However, we would like to point out that you may not be able to fully use all functions of this website, if you do so.
You are also able to prevent that the data generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website (including your IP address) is recorded and that this data is processed by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for mobile devices, you can also prevent that your data is captured by Google Analytics, by clicking this link. An opt-out cookie is then created that will prevent your data from being recorded on future visits to this website. The opt-out cookie applies only to this browser and only to our website and it is stored on your device. You will have to reset the opt-out cookie, if you delete cookies from your browser.
Or click here:
One of the sources for further information about data protection with regard to Google Analytics is the Google Analytics support page (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
This website uses services of the software manufacturer HubSpot. HubSpot is a software company from the USA with a subsidiary in Ireland.
HubSpot European Headquarters
Ground Floor, Two Dockland Central
Guild Street, Dublin 1
Phone: +353 1 5187500
We use HubSpot for our online marketing activities. This is an integrated software solution with which we cover various aspects of our online marketing.
These include among others:
● content management (website and blog)
● e-mail marketing (newsletter as well as automated mailings, e.g. to provide downloads)
● Social Media Publishing & Reporting
● Reporting (e.g. traffic sources, accesses, etc. ...)
● contact management (e.g. user segmentation & CRM)
● landing pages and contact forms
This information and the content of our website is stored on servers of our software partner HubSpot Ireland. We may use this information to contact visitors to our website and to determine which services of our company are of interest to them. This represents a legitimate interest in the sense of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
In accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO, we have concluded a contract with HubSpot Ireland and fully implement the resulting requirements.
HubSpot is certified under the "EU - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework" and is subject to TRUSTe's Privacy Seal and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Framework.
6. Links to other websites
This Privacy Notice applies only to this website and BIOZOL offerings and not to other websites or applications operated by third parties. We may provide links to other websites and applications which we believe may be of interest to you. BIOZOL is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or applications.
7. Transfer and disclosure of personal data
BIOZOL may transfer your personal data to:
- BIOZOL partner companies in connection with our business relationship with you;
- Third parties which provide IT services to BIOZOL and which process such data only for the purpose of such services (e.g., hosting or IT maintenance and support services); and/or
- Third parties in connection with complying with legal obligations or establishing, exercising or defending rights or claims.
8. Retention Periods
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary (i) for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or (ii) to comply with legal obligations (such as retention obligations under tax or commercial laws).
9. Your rights
Under applicable data protection law you may have the right to:
- Obtain from BIOZOL confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from BIOZOL the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from BIOZOL the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from BIOZOL restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Further background information and explanations related to the rights described above are available on the European Commissions’ website “Rights for citizens”.
10. Data Privacy Contact
The data privacy officer of BIOZOL provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The BIOZOL data privacy officer:
Dieter Wiedenmann, email@example.com
We will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting us directly, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
The data protection authority competent for BIOZOL is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA)
91522 Ansbach, Germany